Please read this information carefully and retain it for your records.
What information Allsports collects and holds
Allsports Physiotherapy will need to collect your Personal Information in order to provide clinical services to you.
Personal Information includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Names, addresses and contact details;
- Private health care details (where available) for identification and claiming purposes;
- Medical information including medical history, medications, allergies, adverse events, social history, family history and risk factors.
How Allsports collects your Personal Information
Allsports may collect your Personal Information in a number of ways including, but not limited to:
- Directly from you, for example:
- the information you provide to Allsports in any Patient Information Sheet;
- during the course of providing clinical services to you;
- From your guardian or responsible person (where practicable and necessary)
- From any other involved healthcare specialists.
How Allsports holds your Personal Information
Allsports Physiotherapy may store your Personal Information in various forms including:
- Paper records;
- Electronic format;
- As visual – x-rays, CT scans, videos and photographs; and
- As audio recordings.
Allsports takes reasonable steps to maintain the security of your Personal Information and to protect it from unauthorised disclosures.
How Allsports uses your Personal Information
Allsports Physiotherapy may use your Personal Information only for the following purposes:
- to provide clinical services and treatments to you; and
- for claims and payments.
When Allsports discloses your Personal Information
Allsports may disclose your Personal Information to third parties who are engaged by Allsports or for Allsports business purposes. These third parties are required to comply with this policy.
Allsports may also disclose your Personal Information:
- to your authorised representatives or advisers, or otherwise when you ask Allsports to do so;
- when there is a statutory requirement for Allsports to do so. In these circumstances, Allsports will notify you that there is a statutory requirement to disclose certain personal information;
- to law enforcement and national security agencies and other government and regulatory authorities as required or authorised by law; and
- for the purpose of facilitating or implementing a transfer/sale of Allsports assets or business.
In some cases, the organisations to whom Allsports may disclose the Patient’s information may be based outside Australia.
How the Customer may access or correct its personal information or make a privacy complaint
If you wish to access any of your Personal Information held by Allsports or would like to correct any errors in that information, please contact Allsports by:
You may also use these contact details to notify Allsports of any privacy complaint that you may have against Allsports, including if you think that Allsports has failed to comply with the Australian Privacy Principles (APP) or any binding APP code that has been registered under the Privacy Act. Allsports is committed to acknowledging your complaint in a prompt manner and will give you an estimated timeframe for a response to the complaint.
While Allsports hopes that it will be able to resolve any complaints you may have without needing to involve third parties, you may also wish to lodge a complaint with a relevant regulator such as the Australian Information Commissioner (www.oaic.gov.au).